Folks, I cannot lie. I’m so glad those girls are asleep right now. They have been running me (and Rob) ragged since they got home Friday from the sitters.
- They poked each other.
- They yelled the whole weekend.
- They spent several hours alone (or together, but separate) in solitary confinement.
- Olena tackled Gretchen over a toy Gretchen was playing with. Literally tackled her and they went sliding across the hardwood floor.
- They put paint in the bathroom sink while Rob was shopping, Theo was sleeping, and I had just finished cleaning said bathroom sink. They said Rob did it. Then Theo. Then me. Since they would not say who did it, I threw it out.
- I’m pretty sure Gretchen “forked” Olena at the table. I caught her mid fork…
- Toys were tossed at each other, at me, at each other.
And the cost:
- An almost spent bottle of wine.
- Several cookies consumed by mom.
- Stressed vocal cords.
- Frayed nerves.
- Stressed mom and dad.
- The urge to just run away and leave Theodore in charge. (Yogurt melts for every one!)
I feel that tomorrow will be among the happiest of days…when those girls go on the bus, and become angels once again.